Department of Bacteriology is functioning to provide quality analytical services, support to the public health and environmental activities and targeting the fundamental research.
Our main objectives are:
- Teaching and Training of paramedical and postgraduate students
- Supervising dissertations of post graduate students
- Targeting fundamental research
Department offered teaching & training to the students in following courses:
- B.Sc MLT
- M. Phil Community Medicine
- Master in Public Health
- Master in Maternal and chaild health
- Master in Hospital Management
- Teaching and Training of B.Sc MLT students
- Laboratory training of M.Phil (Community Medicine) Students
- Research work.
Training of paramedics from all districts of Punjab (from PC-I Health Department) in 2009-2010 on following topics:
- Laboratory safety
- Quality assurance
- Sample collection
Prof. Dr. Zarfishan Tahir
- Anti - HIV seroprevalence in TB patients in Biomedica, January – June 2003
- Prevalence of hepatitis E virus (HEV)-IgG antibodies in hospitalized jaundiced patients. Annals of KEMC 2001 April –June;7(2): 148-149.
- A young boy with “Xeroderma Pigmentosum” showing transformation to Basiquanmous Caricinoma. JAIMC 2001 Jul – Dec; 1 (1): 35-36.
- Hepatitis E Super Infection. Annals of KEMC 2002 Jan – March ; 8(1): 43-44.
- Comparison of Prevalence of intestinal parasites in children and adult population. Annals of KEMC 2002 Jul – Dec; Vol. 18: 74-75.
- Prevalence of obesity in primary school children. Annals of KEMC 2003 Oct – Dec; 9(4): 285-286.
- Anti-HIV seroprevalence in tuberculosis patients. Biomedica Jan-June 2003;19:47-49.
- High risk of hookworm infection among wastewater farmers in Pakistan. Transactions of the royal society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2005;99:809-818.
- Saima Ayub Anjum Bhutta, Zarfishan Tahir,. Critical appraisal of tuberculosis dots diagnostic centers in lahore district. PJMHS VOL 6 NO 1 JAN-MAR 2012
- Anjum Bhutta,Zarfishan Tahir,Saima Ayub. Seroprevalance of anti HCV in non professional blood donors .PJMHS VOL 6 NO 1 JAN-MAR 2012
- International Title:
- Incidence and intensity of soil transmitted helminthes in a rural area of Lahore. International Journal of Pathology 2003 Jul – Dec; Vol. 1: 36-38.
Dr. Anjum Zubair Bhutta
- Study of nosocomial infections in surgical ward of Services hospital, Lahore. Public journal of health, Vol 31, 1994
- Anti - HIV seroprevalence in TB patients in Biomedica January – June 2003
- Critical appraisal of tuberculosis DOTS diagnostic centres in Lahore district PJMHS VOL 6 NO 1 JAN-MAR 2012
- Seroprevalence of Anti-HCV in Non-Professional Blood Donors PJMHS VOL 6 NO 1 JAN-MAR 2012
- Medical Rehabilitation services for addict prisoner confined in district Jail, Lahore, Med- Forum, 2012
Dr. Saima Ayub
- Saima Ayub Anjum Bhutta, Zarfishan Tahir. Critical appraisal of tuberculosis dots diagnostic centers in Lahore districts. PJMHS VOL 6 NO 1 JAN-MAR 2012
- Anjum Bhutta, Zarfishan Tahir, Saima Ayub. Seroprevalance of anti hcv in non-professional blood donors. PJMHS VOL 6 NO 1 JAN-MAR 2012
- Ayub A, Saima A, Muneer M. A time utilization study of staff working in medical institution at Lahore. Pakistan Journal of Health Vol. 38 No 3-4 2001
- Saima A, Umme-Kalsoom, Ayub A. A Study of Treatment Outcome of TB Patients at Gulab Devi Hospital Lahore. Pakistan Journal of Health Vol. 38 No 1-2 Jan-Jun, 2001.
- Ayub A, Imran A, Saima A. Prevalence of undetected refractive errors among school children. Biomedica; Jul - Dec 2007;23:96-101. http://www.pakmedinet.com/12052
- Ayub A, Nasir KA, Gulshan N, Saima A. Effect of Female Literacy on the Family Size in a Rural Community. Pak J Health Dec 1998;35(3-4):86-8.
Research Work – Guidance to postgraduate & undergraduate students in the field of Bacteriology. Nowadays the researches under process are:
- To find out risk factor of MDR in category-II patients
- Confirmation of E.coli in water samples from different hospital and schools in Lahore district.
- Comparison between ZN staining and Florescent Microscopy in TB Diagnosis
- Prevalence of Hepatitis B & C in difference blood groups.
Dr. Saima Ayub
Head of the Department
Dr. Tahir Iqbal