Library Institute of Public Health was established in 1949. Today the Library is one of the unique and historic library/information resource centres in the field of Public Health not only at a National level but also at the International level.
The Library facilitates Faculty members, Public Health Researchers, Postgraduate and paramedical students, Public Health Managers, Hospital Managers and Public Health Nutritionists and other Medical personnel in conducting research and other academic activities.
The Library has a large collection of latest books as well as periodicals of public health and related specialties. The library contains exclusive and novelty publications of the World Health Organization and UNICEF which are available for reference and review. MEDLINE and other computer-based systems are available for review of the literature.
|Monday - Thursday & Saturday||08:00 AM - 12:30 PM|
|Friday||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
The administration of the library comprises of a library committee which is responsible for efficient management of the library. The library is under the direct control of the Dean, Institute of Public Health Lahore.
For smooth functioning a Library Committee has been constituted as follows:
- Chairman of Library Committee
- Members of Library Committee
- Dr. Farida Nasir
- Almas Rashid
- Muhammad Kashif Tahir
- Library Staff
- Muhammad Azeem Malik (Library Incharge)
- Muhammad Kashif Tahir (Librarian)
- Muhammad Munir Ahmad (Assistant Librarian)
A large number of text books & reference books are available in the library to fulfill the needs of faculty members, doctors, students and paramedics of the Institute. The total Number of Books in the Library is approximately 12358. A selected stock of periodicals, publications, newspapers etc. is also available in the library.
In order to facilitate research work, the library has subscribed various medical journals that include:
- Journal of Bacteriology
- Journal of Health Management
- Health Policy and Planning
- Maternal and Child Health Journal
- The Journal of Infectious Diseases
- The Lancet
- The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
Moreover, the Library has Newspapers like:
- Dawn (Lahore)
- Nawa-i-Waqt (Multan)
- Khabrain (Multan)
- Express (Rahim Yar Khan)
Following rules and regulations have been formulated for the students:
- A library card will be issued to each postgraduate student. No book will be issued to a student without a library card.
- Reference books e.g. encyclopedias, dictionaries and key text books will not be issued.
- The books lost, defaced or otherwise badly damaged will have to be either replaced by the borrower or he/she will pay the full cost of the book.
- The postgraduate students may have in their possession not more than four books at a time.
- Books will be issued for a period of two weeks. For each succeeding day after two weeks, if a book is kept there shall be a fine of Rs.1.00 per day and further books will not be issued till fine is paid and books are returned to the library.
- All the books taken out shall have to be returned to the library during stock taking period which will be notified well in advance each year.