The following postgraduate courses are offered by the Institute of Public Health:
2 Years Program
M.Phil (Community Medicine)
This training program is designed to prepare the medical graduates to develop and enhance their knowledge and skills in becoming teachers of Community Medicine and its various sub-specialties.
- Internal assessments are carried out to evaluate the ongoing performance of students
- University of Health Sciences conducts examinations at the end of each academic year which consists of theory papers, practical and viva voce examination
- All the students are required to conduct research and submit it in the form of thesis by the end of the course
1 Year Programs
Masters in Public Health (MPH)
MPH training program prepares the graduates as effective Hospital and Public Health Managers responding to the needs of the 21st century.
Masters in Maternal and Child Health (MMCH)
MMCH program prepares the graduates for managerial and academic positions in the field of maternal and child health.
Masters in Hospital Management (MHM)
MHM prepares the graduates for the managerial and academic positions in the field of hospital management in public and private sector.
- Combined internal and external system of evaluation for all one year courses will be conducted
- Internal assessments will be based on monthly tests and sendup examinations
- External assessments will include the final university examination consisting of written papers, viva voce examinations, and practical Management Training Assessments and Dissertations